Residents with coronavirus symptoms will be able to get tested in Swanage from this week at a mobile testing unit in North Beach car park.
This facility will be available as well as a rapid asymptomatic testing service for employees, that is now operational in Wareham.
The Covid testing facility in Swanage will be operational from Thursday to Sunday each week, starting from Thursday 4th March 2021. Mobile testing sites are generally onsite between the hours of 9.30 am and 4.30 pm but this can vary.
Book a test online or by calling 119
People mustn’t just turn up but should book a test and check availability, via the government website or by phoning 119.
Parking will still be available at the North Beach car park and access for coastguards and visitors to the football ground will be unaffected. This replaces the facility that was at Purbeck Park car park in Norden on a Thursday.
List of Covid-19 testing sites
There are now 12 Covid testing sites across Dorset:
- Swannery Car Park, Weymouth
- Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy, Portland
- Hawkwood Road, Boscombe, Bournemouth
- Lansdowne, Bournemouth
- Wallisdown, Bournemouth
- Creekmoor, Poole
- Dolphin Swimming Pool Car Park, Poole
- Two Riversmeet Leisure Centre, Christchurch
Rapid asymptomatic testing service in Wareham
In addition, a newly opened rapid asymptomatic testing service in Wareham is now operational, using lateral flow device tests for organisations and businesses, whose staff cannot work from home due to the nature of their role.
The site based at the Swanage and Wareham Rugby Ground in Bestwall Road, is testing volunteers and employees without any Covid symptoms but who need to know that they haven’t got Covid so they can continue their current work safely.
Business or organisation that employs less than 50 people
Any business or organisation in Purbeck who is open under current Covid-19 government guidelines and employs less than 50 people, including the self-employed, can register their interest in weekly lateral flow device testing.
Employees must sign up to six weeks of testing and be tested at one of the sites around the county.
As well as the site in Wareham, there are facilities across Dorset which may be closer to an employee’s place of work.
List of rapid asymptomatic testing sites
Dorset Council area
- Swanage and Wareham Rugby Club, Bestwall Road, Wareham, BH20 4HY
- Wimborne Town Football Club, J&B’s Stadium, New Cuthbury, Parmiter Drive, Wimborne, BH21 2BW
- Bridport Leisure Centre, Brewery Fields, Bridport, DT6 5LN
- Sherborne Rugby Club, The Terrace Playing Fields, Gainsborough Park, Sherborne, DT9 5NS
- County Hall, Committee Room 1, County Hall, Colliton Park, Dorchester DT1 1XJ
- Weymouth Park and Ride, Weymouth, DT3 5HJ
BCP Council area
- Poole Civic offices – surface car park, Poole, BH15 2NS
- Kinson Community Centre, Pelhams Park, Millhams Road, Bournemouth, BH10 7LH
- Christchurch Civic Centre, front surface car park, Bridge Street, Christchurch, BH23 1AZ
- Littledown Leisure Centre, Chaseside,Bournemouth, BH7 7DX
- Poole Stadium, Wimborne Road, Poole, BH15 2BP
- Bournemouth Pavilion, Westover Road, Bournemouth BH1 2BU