Wareham and Poole firefighters were called into action to put out a chimney fire in East Stoke, near Wareham.
The crews received the call at 1:38 pm on Wednesday 17th March 2021.
Upon reaching the property on Wareham Road, the firefighters put out the blaze with a chimney kit and a hose reel jet. The job was finished by 2.26 pm.
Stay safe from chimney fires
A Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said:
“A clean chimney can help prevent fires and structural damage to your property. Regular cleaning of your chimney or flue will eliminate the build-up of soot and clear obstructions such as bird or animal nests, leaves and debris.
“It is not enough to use a vacuum cleaner and you should make sure that your chimney or flue is inspected regularly.”
The fire service advises that people have their chimneys cleaned:
- At least once a year when using smokeless fuels
- At least once a year when using bituminous coal
- Every three months when burning wood
- Once a year when using oil
- Once a year when using gas