Vicky Andrews (sales assistant) and David Spiller (proprietor) talk about all the fossils and healing crystals that they sell at Natural Wonders.
More a cave than a shop, the shelves glitter with displays of crystals, minerals and fossils at Natural Wonders.
The owner, David Spiller is adept at acquiring a varied and eclectic selection of fossils that are available to buy in the shop. Starting at pocket money prices, the range includes ammonites, trilobites and fish fossils.
“We are very lucky to be at one end of the Jurassic coastline. We are at the Old Harry Rock end, which is only 65 million years old.”David Spiller, Natural Wonders
Alongside the fossils, a huge range of crystals and stones are displayed. Some are for displaying in their natural form, while others have been made into jewellery. Each stone is associated with different powers of energy and healing.
“Rose quartz is known as the stone of love…finding love but also for loving yourself – for self-esteem.”Vicky Andrews, Natural Wonders
Natural Wonders’ top five healing crystals
- Rose quartz for finding and keeping love, as well as helping you to love yourself and build your self-esteem
- Selenite for promoting mental and physical peace, creating a greater degree of calm in your life
- Amethyst for encouraging tranquility and stability, aiding meditation and helping to cure headaches and hangovers
- Iron pyrite for protecting against negative energy and physical danger, as well as boosting your intellect and memory
- Hematite for promoting balance in your life, helping dispel negative feelings of stress and anxiety
Address: 28 Institute Road, Swanage, Dorset BH19 1BX
Phone: 01929 423860