Swanage firefighters tackled a “difficult” chimney fire in south Swanage in the dead of night.
The emergency call came at 11.17 pm on Sunday 28th March 2021 to a property in Mount Scar.
The crew used a ladder to scale the building and reach the chimney in question – and extinguished the blaze with a hose reel jet and chimney kit.
On social media, Swanage Fire Station said:
“This [the chimney fire] proved difficult to put out and crews used a roof ladder, hose reel jet and chimney rods to extinguish.”
The area was then checked with a thermal image camera. Crews were expected to reinspect the building at 8.30 am on Monday 29th March 2021.
While the fire crew was successful in its mission, it was hindered by a parked vehicle blocking the way.
The fire station reported:
“On the way to our chimney fire earlier we were unable to get to the property because of careless parking. Luckily there were no lives at risk this time.
“Please think where you park and leave enough room for emergency services to get through. If not you might find one of these leaflets on your windscreen.”