A series of new year road closures in Swanage will mean drivers will have to take diversions to get round town.
There’s planned roadworks in Swanage during January 2022, which will mean that a number of streets will be closed to traffic to allow work to take place safely.
Sewer lining works
The first is by Wessex Water along two sections of Victoria Avenue. This is to carry out sewer lining works.
- Victoria Avenue (short section closed between Prospect Crescent and Swanage Golf Games) – 10th to 12th January 2022
- Victoria Avenue (section closed between Northbrook Road and Rempstone Road) – 12th to 14th January 2022
This section of Victoria Avenue between Northbrook Road and Rempstone Road will be closed for three days for sewer lining works
Road surface repairs
Later in January 2022, there’s three road closures in Swanage’s town centre to allow Dorset Council to fill in potholes and repair road damage.
- Station Place – section between Rempstone Road and Mermond Place closed 9.30 am to 3.30 pm – 26th January 2022
- Mermond Place – section between Station Road and Station Place closed 9.30 am to 3.30 pm – 27th January 2022
- Northbrook Road – section between Court Road by the railway bridge and Victoria Avenue closed 9.30 am to 3.30 pm – 27th to 28th January 2022
Repairs will be made to the road surface in Station Place
Patching of pot holes in Mermond Place
The surface of this section of Northbrook Road will be repaired but it’s unclear whether the drainage problem will be fixed
More about all roadworks in Swanage and across the county is on the Dorset Council website